Terms and conditions
This website is operated by Synchronised Marketing & Event Agency C.C. (Registration No 2008/249252/23) trading as www.theleadershipsummit.co.za (hereinafter referred to as "Synchronised”)
Synchronised’s physical address and contact details appear below:
Address: 4th Floor East, Longpoint Offices, Corner Montecasino Boulevard and Witkoppen Road, Fourways, 2191
Tel: +27 (0)861 000 749
Fax: 086 544 4270
Vat No.: 4810253437
KINDLY ENSURE THAT YOU READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY USING THIS WEBSITE AND BY PURCHASING A TICKET TO ATTEND AN EVENT HOSTED BY SYNCHRONISED ON THIS WEBSITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO SYNCHRONISED’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED BELOW (AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME).
- 1.1. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any content on this website contact The Project Manager at +27 (0)11 465 7322 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.2. Users may download, view and print content from this website for private and non-commercial purposes only.
- 1.3. All moral rights of Synchronised and its employees and/or agents are reserved.
- 1.4. While it uses its best endeavours to do so, Synchronised cannot screen or edit all the content available from this website and does not accept any liability for illegal, defamatory or obscene content. Users are encouraged to inform Synchronised of any content that may be offensive or illegal.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 2.1. All the content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or licensed to Synchronised and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties.
3. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
- 3.1. When you register on this website or send an e-mail to Synchronised, you consent to receiving communications from Synchronised electronically and you furthermore agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by Synchronised satisfy any legal requirements, including but not limited, to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
- 4.1. Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Synchronised nor any of its employees, agents and/or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website.
- 4.2. Furthermore, Synchronised makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to the persons referred to in clause 1.1.
- 5.1.1. The price of each event is displayed with details of the event. In the case of a discount or special offer, the discounted price or special offer is displayed.
5.2. Transaction Currency:
- 5.2.1. All transactions will be processed in ZAR (South African Rands)
5.3. Value Added Tax (VAT):
- 5.3.1. Value Added Tax at the rate of 14% is charged on events attended by South African residents.
6. BOOKING CONFIRMATIONS
- 6.1. Synchronised issues immediate electronic booking confirmations via email. If you have not received confirmation of your booking before the event, contact us to ensure that your booking has been registered.
- 6.2. In cases of bookings not being confirmed, email email@example.com or call +27 (0)861 000 749
7. PAYMENT METHODS
7.1. Credit Card Payments.
- 7.1.1. At the time of registering for an event, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorization is obtained for the amount of the order.
- 7.1.2. Note that to protect its own and the interests of customers, Synchronised CC scrutinizes all transactions very carefully to prevent attempted fraud and a transaction may be refused if Synchronised Marketing & Event Agency is not satisfied with its legitimacy.
- 7.1.3. Synchronised operates credit card technology provided by Nedbank’s iVeri Payment Gateway.
7.2. Bank Deposit Payments.
- 7.2.1. Should you select to pay via bank deposit, instructions will be given on how to deposit monies into the Synchronised bank account and it would be subject to the following rules:
- 7.2.2. The exact amount must be paid
- 7.2.3. The payment must be identified by supplying the invoice number and surname or company name in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer.
- 7.2.4. Proof of payment needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7.2.5. Cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period.
- 7.2.6. No bank deposits are accepted from outside the borders of South Africa.
- 7.2.7. Unpaid bank deposit orders are cancelled after five business days.
8. DATES AND TIMES
- 8.1.1. All Synchronised events are run on the advertised dates unless officially changed, in which case all delegates will be informed of the change.
- 8.1.2. Synchronised Marketing & Event Agency cannot be held responsible for changes to event dates which may be beyond its control.
- 8.2.1. Events are run during times indicated on the registration forms or relevant event website, unless otherwise advertised.
- 8.2.2. Synchronised may not be held liable should any event run beyond these times.
9. REFUND POLICY
- 9.1.1. Synchronised Marketing & Event Agency shall only be obliged to refund any payment for tickets made by you should an event be cancelled by Synchronised.
- 9.1.2. Payment of refunds shall be effected by electronic transfer only.
- 9.1.3. Payment shall be made within 30 (thirty) days of any event being cancelled.
- 9.2.1. Substitute delegates may be sent in your place. Synchronised must to be informed of substitutions as soon as possible.
- 9.2.2. We can transfer you once to any other of our Discovery Invest Leadership Summit events, or event dates, provided we are notified in writing or by email no later than 5 working days before the event date.
9.3. Non arrivals
- 9.3.1. Non arrivals will attract the full event fee.
10. GOVERNING LAW
- 10.1. This website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law.
- 11.1. Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Synchronised suffers any damage or loss.
11.2. You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall:
- 11.2.1. Be used for personal use only; and
- 11.2.2. Not be disclosed to any third party.
- 11.3. You consent to Synchronised taking all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of this website and back-office applications.
- 11.4. All credit card transactions are Secure Socket Layers encrypted.
12. CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
- 12.1. Synchronised Marketing & Event Agency may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- 13.1. In the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between the parties on any matter provided for in, or arising out of this agreement, and not resolved through the Customer Relations Department of Synchronised, then such a dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. Arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in Sandton in English.
- 14.1. Synchronised chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, Synchronised Marketing & Event Agency, 4th Floor East, Longpoint Offices, Corner Montecasino Boulevard and Witkoppen Road, Fourways, 2191
- 15.1. Synchronised shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
15.2. Synchronised may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information:
- 15.2.1. Name and surname;
- 15.2.2. Birth date;
- 15.2.3. Gender;
- 15.2.4. Country of residence;
- 15.2.5. Closest city;
- 15.2.6. Non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- 15.2.7. Cellphone number
- 15.2.8. E-mail address; and
- 15.2.9. IP address.
15.3. Synchronised collects, stores and uses the above-mentioned information for the following purposes:
- 15.3.1. To greet you when you access this website;
- 15.3.2. Subject to your consent, inform you of facts relating to your access and use of this website;
- 15.3.3. Subject to your consent, to inform you about competitions and special offers from Synchronised and/or its partners / affiliates;
- 15.3.4. To compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to this website.
- 15.4. Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by you. You may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings.
- 15.5. You may elect not to receive any communications from Synchronised and/or its partners / affiliates.
15.6. Synchronised may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from you, subject to the following provisions:
- 15.6.1. Synchronised shall not disclose your personal information unless you consent thereto;
- 15.6.2. Synchronised shall disclose information without your consent only through due legal process; and
- 15.6.3. Synchronised may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
- 15.7. Synchronised owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Synchronised.